How does Oracle Forms Run?
– The user enters the URL that points to the application from their browser.
– Forms Services generates an HTML file that downloads a Jave applet (JInitiator) on the client’s machine. This small applet is able to show the user interface in any way, while the logic of the application is executed in the intermediate layer.
Components of the URL:
- Protocol – http
- Domain – mydomain.com
- Port for HTTP server or OC4J – xxxx (default for HTTP Server) or 8889 (default for OC4J).
- Forms Servlet Alias or static html file – / forms90 / f90servlet
- Parameters – this section starts with “?”; the parameters are separated with “&”. These can be specified in the URL or are taken from the configuration file.