Today I am posting about how to install oracle 11g 64 bit on windows server 2012.
In this post I will also discuss error INS-13001.
Windows Server 2012 configurations:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Inter 2.60 GHz 2 Processors
RAM: 16 GB
64-bit Operating System
Java, JDK6 or Higher 64-bit.
Loopback adapter ( for installation see this post )
Softwares ( to download ) :
Java (jdk-6u29-windows-x64 OR higher)
Oracle Database (Oracle 11g R2) 188.8.131.52.0 64-bit
You can get setup from this link
- Download .
- Extract the 2 zip files of Oracle Database (Oracle 11g R2) 184.108.40.206.0 64-bit to a common folder win64_11gR2_database.
- Note:Extract it to the same folder.Else while installing the database it will error out because some files will be missing. It comes around 2.12GB after unzipping.
- Stop all services of oracle if there is any version running already on System, and uninstall oracle through oracle utility.
- Delete all the oracle homes created previously to avoid confusion.
- If you get this error when you start oracle setup , Install Oracle database by clicking on the setup.
“ Oracle Installer:[INS-13001] Environment does not meet minimum requirements “
Then do use below method to start Oracle Installation Utility.
- Run Setup.exe with this command
- In command prompt go to location of setup.exe folder and type this
Setup.exe -ignoreSysprereqs –ignorePrereq
Thinking of creating website click here to get one.